Verizon …………Poor baby !!!!
Corporations are people too, says Mitt Romney, joined by Rand Paul and Sarah Plain.
The scary thing is – The US Supreme Court agrees. Apparently this is a real GOP belief.
Corporations are treated as “super people”. They have rights people do not. For example, all corporations have limited liability. In addition, the Constitutional provision providing for bankruptcy has been taken away from many real people but remains in full force for corporations.
In addition, although there have been over 24 violent acts against picketers by Verizon scabs and management, the FBI is investigating “sabotage” by the CWA on the basis of the Verizon complaint. They are not investigating the instigation of running over picketers even though upper management has condoned being mad at the picketers (for exercising free speech rights).
The media reports have focused upon the Verizon allegation and have ignored picket line violence by Verizon.
Here are some interesting facts:
1. Verizon’s outgoing CEO, Ivan Seidenberg, earned more than $18 million in total compensation in 2010, roughly $49,000 a day.
2. Verizon earned $6.9 billion in net income for the first six months of this year.
3. Verizon reported $10.2 billion in profits in 2010
4. This enviable record of profitability has been used to justify the $258 million spent on salaries, bonuses, and stock options for just five of the company’s top executives.
5. Over the past four years, the company earned nearly $20 billion for its shareholders.
6. The Wall Street Journal noted last month, the telecom giant “isn’t under any financial stress.”
So why is Verizon demanding “give backs” consisting of:
1. Reduction in retirement benefits
2. Reduction in Health benefits
3. Less sick leave
4. Over 50 other contract changes
The answer is GREED.
And send a letter to Verizon
Join CWA 1120, CWA1118 and IBEW
Solidarity Rally at:
4 PM Wednesday August 17th
62 Fairview Ave, Hudson, NY 12534-1018.
Verizon Store ?
Follow the link and map it, parking in the rear shopping center.
Speak out on every occasion against the RAT and the corporate pigs. The solidarity rally will feature “The rat”, which the area unions use to depict union busting people and people/corporations like Wisconsin republicans and Verizon. I would prefer the rat as a scab and use a pig as the corporate/people, but approve of almost anything that will get the attention of the media and thru the media real human being type people.
2. Huffington Post By DAVID PORTER 08/11/11 07:30 PM ET
4. OP-ED | STEVE EARLY AND DON TREMENTOZZI
5. Huffington Post – 8 10 2011