American Dream Movement
Thursday, July 21st
at Congressman Gibson’s Office in Kinderhook,
there will be a gathering of people desiring to:
PROTECT, RESERVE, AND STRENGTHEN:
CREATE GOOD JOBS AND A JUST ECONOMY
Democracy begins when YOU show up!
Please join us to petition Congressman Gibson to help us rebuild the “American Dream.”
The following chart shows how the increased productivity of theAmericanWorker has not been shared with those same workers, but in fact has decreased.
Over the past weekend thousands of people including over 50 people throughtout Columbia County joined 20,000 others in the nation met and discuss what makes the “American Dream” and how to bring it back. One of the things is to petition our Congress.
More information about the American Dream Movement may be found at my blog at
Below are the ideas generated by a small group in Stuyvesant Falls:
Good Jobs Now
1. Move toward a Clean, Green, Independent Energy Future.
2. Invest in American’s Future.
3. End the Huge Waste of the Wars and invest the Money in Peace-Building.
1. Medicare for All
2. Substantially Reduce Military Spending
3. Protect Women’s Rights and Health
We All Pay Our Share
1. Return to Fairer Tax Rates
2. Tax Speculation at Least as Much as Perspiration
3. Robin Hood Tax: Tax Wall Street Speculation
1. Eliminate Corporate Personhood
2. Reinstate Common Sense Rules of the Road for Wall Street
3. Stop the Assault on Unions and Worker’s Rights
So far as immediate action, we decided to join the Statewide Caravan to Restore the American Promise by attending the Thursday’s meeting at Congressman Gibson’s Office in Kinderhook at 1:00 PM. Signs will be available.
Save Social Security